top of page

Mini Dragon Group (ages 6-7)

Публічна·37 учасників

Surviving Death \/\/TOP\\\\

Surviving Death is a docu-series directed by Ricki Stern about near-death experiences and beliefs in life after death, and psychic mediumship. Its first season of six episodes was released on Netflix on 6 January 2021.[1][2] The series is based on the 2017 book Surviving Death by journalist and paranormal enthusiast Leslie Kean.[3][4][1]

Surviving Death

Download: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgohhs.com%2F2udlyf&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw12RMiM8S47T_85dBOWEIDp

In The Independent 'State of the Arts', column writer Micha Frazer-Carroll described the series as appealing to those who are coping with anxieties about death. She adds that its coverage of near death experiences includes pop culture clichés and superstitions but offers persuasive personal accounts and that it incorporated dominant psychological theories like oxygen deprivation to explain some of the experience. The coverage of mediumship includes accounts of fraudulent exploitation. Frazer-Caroll wrote that skeptics may not become convinced and that the people involved often embraced hope in the afterlife with interest in these experiences to cope with the loss of a loved one. She mentioned Stern's presentation that focused on being open to people's experiences.[2]

Culture writer and film critic Radheyan Simonpillai wrote for The Guardian that the series "has no shortage of paranormal activity. Mediums call on the dead. Seances try to manifest them. People claim to be reincarnated actors, pilots or murder victims while others describe feeling a heavenly embrace during near-death experiences." He adds that the show also welcomes skepticism. Simonpillai mentions that the show "tries to find the tricky balance between that Sherlock skepticism and Doyle's openness to spiritualism" and that "you have to be willing to accept that a visit from a persistent cardinal or flickering lights can be signs from the dead." He quotes Kean: "Everybody has to decide for themselves whether something has that meaning for them or not ... with signs, it's not really objective." He adds that unlike Kean's book, the series focuses more on testimonials of people who believed to have witnessed the afterlife.[1]

Surviving Death, based on the book by journalist Leslie Kean, is now streaming on Netflix. Episodes 1 and 6 in this documentary series explores the science behind what it means to die and the extraordinary truths behind near-death experiences and past life experiences.

The Division of Perceptual Studies was founded in 1967. With a legacy steeped in science, DOPS explores the relationship between brain and mind, survival of consciousness after death, the very nature of consciousness, and ultimately, what it means to be fully human. Learn more about the Division of Perceptual Studies.

The Division of Perceptual Studies was founded in 1967. With a legacy steeped in science, DOPS explores the relationship between brain and mind, survival of consciousness after death, the very nature of consciousness, and ultimately, what it means to be fully human.

Is there life after death? A new Netflix series claims to prove there is. But in doing so, the series relies on a confusing mishmash of fully debunked phenomena alongside matters of faith that aren't in the realm of science, as well as questions that science truly hasn't answered yet.

"Surviving Death" is based on a book of the same name by journalist Leslie Kean. It explores near-death experiences, mediums and séances, ghost-hunting and supposed past-life memories. While the show aims to present "proof" of all of these claims, it confuses its own narrative by offering the same credulity to outright scams as it does to outstanding questions about the process of death. It also treats matters of religious faith as something to prove or disprove. But most religious belief falls outside the realm of science, because it isn't something you can test.

"Surviving Death" marches through an array of paranormal phenomena. The first episode explores near-death experiences, to emotional effect. Interviewees describe harrowing tales of drowning, flatlining after allergic reactions and hemorrhaging in childbirth. All experienced sensations of consciousness during the experience, even though brain waves in the cerebral cortex stop within seconds of losing blood flow. People recalled meeting dead relatives, seeing bright lights or falling into a void of colors; some saw a tunnel, while others recalled seeing doctors trying to resuscitate them.

Near-death experiences have been studied, and there is some evidence that people may experience consciousness when doctors don't expect them to. However, this doesn't necessarily prove that the experiences are mystical in nature; it's also possible that brain activity and consciousness sometimes persist longer than expected after the heart stops. A 2018 study in the journal Frontiers in Psychology found that near-death experiences share a lot of features with how people feel after taking the psychedelic drug N,N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT). DMT is produced naturally in the mammalian brain, and a 2019 study (opens in new tab) found that, in rats at least, DMT levels rose during cardiac arrest.

But studying the moment of death in humans is challenging, and no one has conclusively shown the mechanism behind near-death experiences. Dr. Sam Parnia, director of critical care and resuscitation research at New York University Langone Medical Center, surveyed survivors of cardiac arrest and found that of the 140 interviewees, 46% had a sense of being conscious during the event. Some had memories that appeared to have originated from the intensive care unit (ICU) after the person's heartbeat had been re-established. (Unlike in the movies, cardiac arrest patients are typically unconscious in the hospital for days or weeks after their resuscitation.) For instance, people who reported feeling that hostile beings were torturing them were probably undergoing a common hallucination that occurs when people are being brought out of sedation and having their breathing tubes removed.

Parnia was asked to participate in "Surviving Death," he said, but he turned the producers down because the show made no distinction between scientific research on topics such as the recalled experience of death and the pseudoscience of ghosts and mediums.

Regardless of the mechanisms behind near-death experiences, these events clearly can be meaningful. Many people who go through a near-death experience find it transformative. In "Surviving Death," the producers interview a man who flatlined after an allergic reaction to an anesthetic. He had a vision of seeing his deceased father, with whom he'd had a difficult relationship. His father embraced him, which brought the man a sense of enduring peace after the experience.

David Wilde, a psychologist and senior lecturer at Nottingham Trent University in England, has interviewed people who underwent near-death experiences and found that people often report this sort of transformation. One woman interviewed for a paper published by Wilde in 2010 reported that when her heart stopped, she felt that she was in a dark void where she reflected on everything bad she had ever done in her life before hearing a voice telling her not to be too hard on herself. Upon regaining consciousness, she felt she had a chance at a new beginning. She eventually became a counselor and interfaith minister, a path she said she would not have pursued if she hadn't had the near-death experience.

While near-death experiences can be subjected to the tools of science, many other sections of "Surviving Death" delve into the realm of faith, such as belief in reincarnation or the sense that you can feel the presence of a deceased loved one.

Parents need to know that Surviving Death is a documentary series that explores life after death. Each episode focuses on a different way people think about and attempt to interact with the afterlife. Topics include near-death experiences and resurrection, but most episodes are about some kind of communication with the dead. The series shows seances, one-on-one experiences with mediums, and other intimate spiritual experiences. A surface-level amount of skepticism is expressed about these things, but the series is mostly interested in simply presenting its subjects' beliefs and experiences, rather than trying to prove them true or false. In that respect, the show is essentially a documentary about specific and unusual ways that people cope with trauma and grief. Most episodes have very mild language, if any, but some do feature stronger language such as "f--k," "motherf--ker," "s--t," etc.

SURVIVING DEATH is a documentary series that explores various ideas around life after death. Each episode focuses on a different way that people try to engage with the afterlife, from paranormal communication with the dead to the belief in resurrection to surviving near-death experiences.

My body had always been a disappointment to me, so its death earlyin 1997 should have come as no surprise. It did, though. It was onlythen that I fully understood a saying which had puzzled me throughoutmy life: the dead are always the last to know. Another thing you hearsaid about death is you cannot explain it, and this also is true.Death is very much like a bridge party, where cliches and tedious oldsayings are as close as we get to the truth. You can't explaindeath.

You may think--for instance, I was talking to Larry about this, ina session years before we died--how can something change so much sofast? I was right to wonder. Death is wonderful. It is certainlymore absolute than birth. For instance, before birth you have a body.After death, you don't. At least I don't. I'm not certain that thisis universally true of the dead. I see no bodies, but since, as faras I can tell, I have none myself, and that would include eyes, I amfor all intents and purposes blind. So if other dead did have theirbodies, I'd be the last to know.

There are many things said about death, though, that are not true,and the main one is that the dead are dead. I know I'm not, andalthough I'm blind and have therefore seen no corroborating evidence,I can't believe an exception of that magnitude would be made in mycase solely. Immortality may well not be universal, but it must befairly common, unless I was somehow overlooked in some big sweep, buteven so, when you think of how much life there has been throughouthistory, how likely is it that this would never have happenedbefore? 041b061a72

Про групу

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page